Monday, October 25, 2010

Cinque Terre

"Hello again from Italy!
Today we took a two hour train ride (early early) to Cinque Terre which is a national park of sorts, 9500 acres that protects 5 villages and the vineyards, forests, and seacoasts that surround them. It started very rainy with thunder and lightning, actually raining sideways in Florence, however by the time we arrived it stopped raining and by end of our hike it was sunny. Pictures and words can not begin to describe the beauty. BTW...when I say hike...I mean hike. We were able to go from the first town to the second in about 20 min. (1mile) . Town 2 to 3 was closed as the hike was considered too dangerous. We were able to hike from 3 to 4 which was 4k (2.2miles Approx) and it took us 2 hours.  Enjoy the pictures!!"
First part of the journey (Deb, Karen and Kathleen)

Looking at Riomaggiore from the trail going to Corniglia.
 
"I am in Italy" pose.... 
 

No comments: